The Norwegian Advisory Council on Bankruptcy is appointed by the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and the Police. The Council consists of representatives from the courts, lawyers, accountants, the administrative authority and the public prosecutor. The Ministry of Justice and the Police is secretariat for the Council. The Norwegian Advisory Council on Bankruptcy is strictly advisory. The Council gives recommedations on the need for changes in the Norwegian bankruptcy system, and in the practice thereof. The Council is set to further and encourage the harmonization of insolvency practice in the country at large. The Council also works to improve the co-ordination of the efforts made by various public authorities related to bankruptcy petitions and proceedings. The Norwegian Advisory Council on Bankruptcy deals only with questions of principle, and does not discuss individual cases.
- Attorney at law Knut Ro, Ro Sommernes & Co, Oslo, Norway
- State authorized public accountant Hilde Krogh, EY, Stavanger, Norway
- Attorney at law Karen Margrethe Rime, Rime & Co, Oslo, Norway
- Judge Ernst Moe, Head of Bankruptcy Court of Stavanger, Norway
- Deputy Director General John Alfred Sæthre, Directorate of Taxes, Oslo, Norway
- Public Prosecutor Bård Thorsen, The National Authority for Investigation and Prosecution of Economic and Environmental Crime in Norway, Oslo, Norway
- Senior Credit Manager and Country partner Marit Büch-Holm, Corporate and Institutional Banking, Nordea, Oslo, Norway
- Tor Kristian Plahte, Statens sivilrettsforvaltning
The Norwegian Advisory Council on Bankruptcy can be contacted at the following address:
Postboks 8027 Dep.
Telephone: +47 22 99 13 05
Telefax: +47 22 99 13 26